Now, if you are someone who is looking to sell your NFTs, listing your NFT on Opensea is pretty easy.
Before starting with anything, you first have to create your own digital wallet and Opensea account. You will find details on how to do that in our previous article
Once you’re done with that process, it’s time to list your NFT item/collection for sale. It is much like listing an item on eBay if you’ve ever done that before.
For more detailed instructions, let me walk you through the process.
How to Sell NFTs on Opensea
Here’s the step-by-step guide on how to sell your own NFTs in Opensea.
1. From your Opensea dashboard, click on Create.
2. Once you’ve clicked on Create, your Metamask extension will open and will ask you to Sign.
3. After clicking Sign, you will now be directed to a page where you can enter details on the NFT that you would like to add. You will need to fill in the details like;
- Name of the item
- External link
- Number of supply
- And the blockchain where it will be minted into (Opensea currently have Ethereum or Polygon as an option)
4. After adding that information, all you have to do is click Create.
5. You will then be routed to the listing that you have just created.
From there, you can click on Sell and it will ask you to add more information on the NFT item that you just listed.
6. It will ask you to add details like the price you want to set for the item and whether you’re setting a fixed price or an auction.
7. Once you’ve added all the information here, you just need to click on Complete Listing and pay for the gas fee to have your item listed.
What are gas fees?
Now, you might ask what a gas fee is. Here’s an explanation of gas fees from Opensea.
Now, there’s another option to post your items without a gas fee, and that is by selecting Polygon as the blockchain.
The only downside to that is that most of the people in NFTs are using Ethereum, so there’s a lower market percentage for NFTs in the Polygon blockchain.
8. Now, once you’ve decided whether to go with Eth or Polygon, you just have to click on Complete Listing and accept the transaction when your Metamask browser pops up.
You just have to wait until the process finishes and then you’re good to go!
Now that you’ve successfully listed your NFTs for sale? What are the next steps?
The next step from here will be marketing your NFTs. And that is something that we discuss deeper in the NFT 101 Course.
If you’re interested to learn this, you can check out the NFT 101 Course and enroll now, if you think this is a great way for you to learn.